Karpaz Gate Marina in North Cyprus is hosting more than 40 boats participating in the first ever Denizlerdeyiz Amateur Sailors Association’s DADDrally Mediterranean next week.
The fleet is due to arrive at the marina on the island’s Karpaz peninsula on Tuesday, 1st October for a five-day stay. In addition to enjoying Karpaz Gate Marina’s 5 Gold Anchor-standard berthing services and leisure facilities, the rally guests will be treated to a special dinner at on-site Hemingway’s Resto-Bar on Wednesday, 2nd October.
Starting on 1st September at Orhaniye Marti Marina, the 51-day DADDrally Mediterranean 2019 (Lycia, Pamphylia and Cilicia) ‘Sailing in the Wake of Ancient Civilizations’ includes 25 overnight stops on a route showcasing the natural and historical sites of Turkey’s southern shores. The rally stopped at Iskenderun on 24th September before heading south for the visit to North Cyprus, with the boats staying until Saturday, 5th October ahead of their return to the Turkish coasts for a final dinner at Ecesaray Marina/Fethiye on 15th October.
Liza Singer, Karpaz Gate Marina Managing Director, said: “It is a great pleasure to welcome the boats from the first Mediterranean DADDrally to Karpaz Gate Marina and we are proud to introduce the fleet to North Cyprus. We hope the visiting sailors can spend time relaxing and enjoying our hospitality at the marina, as well as exploring the surrounding region and sampling the beautiful sailing available along the North Cyprus coast. We hope it will be the first of many visits by the DADDrally fleet in the years to come.”
Denizlerdeyiz Amateur Sailors Association (DADD) was established in March 2017 and already has more than 750 members. The association organised DADDrallies Aegean 2018, Black Sea 2017 and 2018, with Aegean, Black Sea and Mediterranean rallies scheduled for this year.
Winner of the International Marina of the Year for 2017 and runner-up in 2018 and 2019, Karpaz Gate Marina has held 5 Gold Anchors, one of the highest accolades for service and operational standards available in the industry, since 2013. The official Port of Entry caters for yachts up to 60m, with leisure facilities including the exceptional Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Private Gallery Club, gym, children’s play area and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar. The full-service offering is completed by the Karpaz Gate Marina Technical Centre, which can now meet demand for almost any request, from maintenance work to hull painting, carpentry work and teak replacement. A new hotel, hammam and spa is set to open in spring 2020.
Karpaz Gate Marina offers duty-free Eurodiesel and Gasoline at its on-site fuel station at a significantly lower cost compared to other countries in the region, enjoying the attractive north Cypriot fuel prices.
Berthing packages for 2019 include extra flexibility for long-term berth-holders including a frozen contract option, free haul-out and anti-fouling deals andspecial deals for catamarans.
For more information about DADDrallies and the route for DADDrally Mediterranean 2019, visit www.denizlerdeyiz.org/daddrally-mediterranean-2019.
To discuss the best individually-tailored berthing package at Karpaz Gate Marina, please telephone the marina office on +90 533 833 7878 or email email@example.com. More information is available in the Karpaz Gate Marina Handbook.
Note for editors
A Turkish language version is available as a PDF in 'Documents' at the end of this email.
For further press information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) International Marina of the Year Runner-up in 2019 and 2018 and the 2017 International Marina of the Year Winner; TYHA’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m. Services include: yacht painting, carpentry, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing, teak work, engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works
- Fuel: Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Leisure facilities: include Hemingway’s Resto-Bar; Beach Club, with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar; Cinema / Art Gallery; Mephisto Diving Centre; fitness centre/gym
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- On-site activities: include private Gallery Club, music and movie nights, BBQs
- Shore services: on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM
- Marina office services: include online weather updates; concierge and VIP service; airport collection service to/from nearest airports of Larnaca and Ercan
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG)
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
2019 offers*: include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 21 days hard standing for annual berth holders; VIP care package; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; Flexible package to berth in water or dry dock; Stay 1 week, pay for 5 days;
*Terms and Conditions apply