Karpaz Gate Marina, The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) International Marina of the Year 2017, is offering the chance for two people to visit the marina and experience the beautiful Karpaz peninsula in North Cyprus. The offer is running in association with Sailing Today until the end of July 2017.
The lucky winners will receive flights and two nights’ hotel accommodation for two people in North Cyprus. They will be able to spend time relaxing at the stunning 5 Gold Anchor marina and touring the facilities, plus they can explore North Cyprus and the untouched Karpaz peninsula, the new cruising destination in the Eastern Mediterranean.
As the only international standard yacht marina in North Cyprus, Karpaz Gate Marina is located in a sheltered bay on the northern shore of the peninsula. Cruising highlights around the north of the island include Kyrenia Ancient Harbour, Escape Beach, Alagadi Turtle Beach, Kaplica Bay, Monastery Bay and Famagusta Harbour. The marina has 300 berths accommodating up to 60m vessels. It also has a 300-ton capacity travel lift and extensive Dry Dock area. There is a range of leisure facilities including an exclusive Beach Club and watersports centre, Hemingway’s Resto-Bar, gym, Mephisto Diving Centre, Cinema/Art Gallery and children’s facilities
To be in with a chance of winning a two-day Karpaz Gate Marina Experience for two people, simply enter the draw by filling in your details via the Sailing Today website at http://bit.ly/2sGtyGA.
The prize for up to 2 people includes: Direct return flights economy class from UK airport to Larnaca airport; airport transfers; two nights’ accommodation at an hotel adjacent to Karpaz Gate Marina; guided tour of Karpaz Gate Marina; Beach Club entry; 3-course meal at Hemingway’s; tour of either Girne or Famagusta tourist highlights.
Entry is open to UK residents only, above the age of 18. The prize must be taken by October 2018. Closing date is 31st July 2017
For information about the Beach Club and restaurant, please call Oykun Erureten on (+90) (0)533 825 3990. For more information about berthing packages for 2017, please telephone the marina office on (+90) (0)533 833 7878, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.karpazbay.com.
Notes for Editor:
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Vision Statement: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Karpaz Gate Marina was voted The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2017 International Marina of the Year by boat owners and berth holders
- Karpaz Gate Marina was awarded The Yacht Harbour Association’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina achieved ICOMIA Clean Marina standard in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina joined the ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG) in September 2014
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a member of ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Karpaz Gate Marina is the only international standard yacht marina in North Cyprus
- Karpaz Gate Marina is located on the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus (known as the “pan-handle” of the Island)
- Cruising highlights in North Cyprus include: Kyrenia Ancient Harbour, Escape Beach, Alagadi Turtle Beach, Kaplica Bay, Monastery Bay and Famagusta Harbour
- The southern Turkish coastline, including destinations such as Alanya, Marmaris and Antalya, are a short sail away, while Rhodes is 300nm away
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 300 berths accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a Port of Entry and has Duty-Free status
- Karpaz Gate Marina has a pump-out station and its own treatment centre for waste.
- Karpaz Gate Marina produces its own freshwater on site
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the site as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Free Wi-Fi is available for berth holders
- Shore services include an on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM and Cyprus Yachts brokerage and new boat sales office
- Leisure facilities include Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Hemingway’s Resto-Bar, fitness centre/gym, Mephisto Diving Centre, Cinema/Art Gallery and children’s facilities