Award-winning marina’s unique packages and full-service capabilities are attracting increasing numbers of boat owners to new sailing destination North Cyprus
Karpaz Gate Marina in North Cyprus has announced its 2018 berthing campaign as it strengthens its status as one of the East Mediterranean’s leading full-service facilities.
Celebrating its most successful season since opening six years ago, the Five Gold Anchor-rated TYHA International Marina of the Year 2017 is stepping up its mission to draw more sailors to North Cyprus with a range of unique packages, incentives, and attractive servicing and berthing rates.
Effective from the end of 2017 and for 2018, annual berth-holders who renew their contracts will now be rewarded with a special renewal discount on the published yearly rate.
The marina is also extending a unique and popular package for boat owners offering free haul out, hull wash, anti-fouling application and 14 days hard standing included in the annual price. Alternatively, annual berth holders can choose the option of up to a 40% discount instead of the haul out.*
Additional VIP packages include a Frozen Contract, which offers discounted annual mooring with the right to freeze an annual contract for up to 3 months at one time only during the contract period. Special care, winterising and de-winterising packages are also offered to check equipment and clean exterior and interior areas in the owner’s absence.
Deniz Akaltan, Karpaz Gate Marina Harbour Master, said: “We believe our 2018 packages and rates provide outstanding value for money for the full-service capability, stunning location and attention to detail we can offer our berth-holders. We are a one-stop shop for boat owners, with a capable technical service centre, safe and hassle-free mooring, 24/7 security and first-class leisure facilities, all set in an untouched and peaceful location on the Karpaz Peninsula. We are really excited to welcome old friends and new clients to Karpaz Gate Marina next year.”
Available to view now on www.karpazbay.com, the 2018 berthing and services rates offer boat owners exceptional value for money for annual and short-term mooring and technical work throughout the year. In addition, special summer and winter campaign prices are available on request. Before any special campaign discounts, an annual berth at Karpaz Gate Marina for a monohull boat with an LOA of 12m to 14.99m will cost €3,741 with the free haul out option, while a one-year berth for a boat between 15m and 17.99m is priced at €6,880. The marina also offers special rates for catamarans and can safely haul out boats up to 10.5m beam.*
Tax-free Karpaz Gate Marina is ideal as a low cost, long-term base for all yacht owners seeking a safe, secure home for their boat in the East Mediterranean. The marina is also an unmissable destination for a short to medium-term visit for boat owners from nearby Turkey, and for sailors or charter companies cruising in the region who are interested in exploring the beautiful Karpaz Peninsula and other North Cyprus attractions.
In addition, the first modern marina in North Cyprus and official Port of Entry offers a convenient facility for boat owners in the region who require repair or maintenance work to be carried out or who need to fill up with fuel. The boatyard features a 300-ton capacity travel lift and 18,000 square metre dry dock and can execute or organise any scope of project and specialist work.
Karpaz Gate Marina caters for yachts up to 60m, with leisure facilities including the exceptional Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar.
(*Terms and Conditions apply. All Berthing Rates are subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of Karpaz Gate Marina)
Note for editors:
Further images, information and testimonials from berth holders are available from Jules Riegal at email@example.com
For further information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
For press information, contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Vision Statement: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Karpaz Gate Marina was voted The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2017 International Marina of the Year by boat owners and berth holders
- Karpaz Gate Marina was awarded The Yacht Harbour Association’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina achieved ICOMIA Clean Marina standard in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina joined the ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG) in September 2014
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a member of ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Karpaz Gate Marina is the only international standard yacht marina in North Cyprus
- Karpaz Gate Marina is located on the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus (known as the “pan-handle” of the Island)
- Cruising highlights in North Cyprus include: Kyrenia Ancient Harbour, Escape Beach, Alagadi Turtle Beach, Kaplica Bay, Monastery Bay and Famagusta Harbour
- The southern Turkish coastline, including destinations such as Alanya, Marmaris and Antalya, are a short sail away, while Rhodes is 300nm away
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 300 berths accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a Port of Entry and has Duty-Free status
- Karpaz Gate Marina has a pump-out station and its own treatment centre for waste.
- Karpaz Gate Marina produces its own freshwater on site
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the site as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Free Wi-Fi is available for berth holders
- Shore services include an on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM and Cyprus Yachts brokerage and new boat sales office
- Leisure facilities include Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Hemingway’s Resto-Bar, fitness centre/gym, Mephisto Diving Centre, Cinema/Art Gallery and children’s facilities