Award-winning East Mediterranean haven draws boats to North Cyprus with 5-star facilities, superior service, technical expertise, low fuel prices and flexible berthing options
Karpaz Gate Marina in North Cyprus is announcing new berthing incentives and packages for 2019 as it strengthens its reputation as an East Mediterranean haven. Offering full-service capabilities, leisure facilities, premium service and safe berthing at attractive prices, the 5 Gold Anchor marina is introducing extra flexibility for long-term berth-holders and contract discounts for motor yachts to cover any fuel costs incurred during the trip to North Cyprus.
Harbour Master Bahadir Gökçetekin said: “Our 2019 packages, rates and full-service capabilities represent outstanding value for money. Not only do we have 5 Gold Anchor standard facilities and a dedication to meeting the individual needs of our clients with concierge services and more, we can also offer a stunning location that makes Karpaz Gate Marina a truly unique and idyllic environment to visit or to choose as a permanent home for your boat. In addition, we are a welcome escape from the bureaucracy and taxation issues affecting boat owners within the EU and in other regions. For any maintenance or specialist technical work, we are also on hand to provide a broad range of service and expertise.”
Berthing incentives for 2019 include the following options:*
- Fuel costs incentives – New special offer will cover fuel costs for motor yachts from certain categories to ease the expense of the trip to North Cyprus, applied by a discount on the annual berthing price
- New flexible packages - New annual and six-month packages provide the choice of berthing in the water or the dry dock during the contract
- Free haul-out and anti-fouling packages – Free haul-out, anti-fouling, sanding and launch back service with 21 days hard-standing are all included within the annual contract price
- Frozen contract packages – Special option to allow annual contract to be suspended for up to three months within the contract period
- Stay for the weekend – New offer provides a week’s mooring for the price of 5 days
- Extra savings – Discounts available for daily, weekly and 6-monthly and annual stays
Also new for 2019, Karpaz Gate Marina is streamlining its price list to simplify berthing for its clients. Replacing two sets of fees for the winter and summer season, the daily, weekly, monthly, six-monthly and annual fees are now consistent for the entire year. In addition, for boats over 9m, owners will get seven days’ berthing for the price of five.
The Karpaz Gate Marina Technical Centre continues to expand, meeting demand for a range of requests from maintenance work, to hull painting and teak replacement. Featuring a 300-ton capacity travel lift and 18,000 square metre dry dock area, the boat yard has increased its team of on-site specialists to include carpenters and painters and will take on more projects in 2019, plus servicing of engine and reduction gear, rudder systems and navigation equipment, and electrical work.
Located in one of the most untouched regions of the Mediterranean, Karpaz Gate Marina is demonstrating its commitment to protecting its surroundings with a renewed focus on the environment and wildlife. A strict no fishing policy implemented in 2018 has allowed fish and other sea life to thrive in the marina basin, all easy to view through the crystal-clear water.
An Official Port of Entry, Karpaz Gate Marina offers all its berth holders and visitors a sanctuary from most of the tax issues and bureaucratic procedures affecting boat owners within the EU and other regions. The marina has been exclusively designed to fulfil the needs of boat owners and is extremely safe and secure.
Karpaz Gate Marina caters for yachts up to 60m, with leisure facilities including the exceptional Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Private Gallery Club, gym, children’s play area and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar.
To discuss the best individually-tailored berthing package, please telephone the marina office on +90 0533 833 7878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2019 Price List and further information is available on the website at www.karpazbay.com.
*Terms and Conditions apply. All Berthing Rates are subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of Karpaz Gate Marina
Note for editors
Requests for further information and images, or for interviews with marina personnel, are welcomed for extended editorials about Karpaz Gate Marina or the cruising opportunities in North Cyprus. Please contact Jules at j.riegal@saltwater-stone with any questions.
For further press information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2017 International Marina of the Year; TYHA’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m. Services include: yacht painting, carpentry, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing, teak work, engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works
- Fuel: Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Leisure facilities: include Hemingway’s Resto-Bar; Beach Club, with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar; Cinema / Art Gallery; Mephisto Diving Centre; fitness centre/gym
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- On-site activities: include private Gallery Club, music and movie nights, BBQs
- Shore services: on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM
- Marina office services: include online weather updates; concierge and VIP service; airport collection service to/from nearest airports of Larnaca and Ercan
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Harbour Master: Bahadir Gökçetekin
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
2019 offers*: include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 21 days hard standing for annual berth holders; free ‘Special-Care Package’; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; Flexible package to berth in water or dry dock; Fuel costs incentives
*Terms and Conditions apply