Karpaz Gate Marina, The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) International Marina of the Year 2017, has reported a 30% increase in berthing enquiries from boat owners and more interest from general visitors following January’s award win.
Buoyed by the rise in profile since the overwhelming vote of support from its clients, the North Cyprus marina is preparing for a record-breaking summer as it strengthens its leading status as one of the Mediterranean’s favourite Gold Anchor accredited marinas.
This week the marina welcomed its first mega yacht of the 2017 season. Built by Oceanco in Netherlands at Alblasserdam shipyard and last refitted in 2007, the 56m Queen Mavia arrived at Karpaz Gate Marina in early May before visiting Kyrenia and then returning to Karpaz.
Karpaz Gate Marina is renowned as a safe haven with premier berthing services for yachts and superyachts and their crew, and is also a unique Mediterranean destination. It is the perfect base for people looking to enjoy the relaxing surroundings and facilities of the Karpaz Peninsula and explore the stunning and historic North Cyprus region featuring ancient castles and abbeys, vibrant culture and enticing cuisine.
The first-class on-site Beach Club opened on Easter weekend, with free entry until May 1st. New for the 2017 season, visitors now have the opportunity to rent a luxury beach cabana from 50TL per day. Marina clients benefit from free entry to the beach club and a discounted cabana price of 30TL.
Beach guests can enjoy an extended beach club menu with refreshments and snacks served in the perfect seaside setting. A prepaid discounted entry card is now available for the amount for 120TL, for weekdays only.
In addition to the new Beach Club benefits, Karpaz Gate Marina continues to offer a range of exceptional packages for boat owners for 2017, including free lift out and anti-fouling, berthing discounts, flexible contracts and a free special care package.
After receiving TYHA 5 Gold Anchor status in 2013, this year’s award recognition reflects the marina’s on-going emphasis on customer service and personal attention for its clients.
Among the positive comments from voters, one customer explained: “The marina staff are most welcoming and extremely helpful. The facilities are at the highest level possible and very modern. There is an excellent restaurant, amazing beach club with a swimming pool, sandy beach and bar with very friendly staff. The marina is located in one of the most beautiful spots in Cyprus, in the heart of a nature reserve. Karpaz Gate is a five star marina with the lowest price in the Mediterranean.”
Another customer added: “The marina provides a five-star service, always ready to assist when I leave and return to the harbour, which is very useful when I’m shorthanded. The winter package is excellent and very good value. Karpaz Gate is very accommodating with their package options and flexibility. Thank you Karpaz Gate Marina!”
Deniz Akaltan, Karpaz Gate Marina’s Harbour Master, is looking forward to the busy summer season. He said: “To be recognised as the International Marina of the Year for 2017 is a huge honour for Karpaz Gate. Since winning the award we have been busy preparing for the 2017 season. We have seen an increase in interest from international boat owners over the past few months and therefore anticipate 2017 will be a very successful year.
“Since we opened in 2011, we have developed the marina and welcomed new visitors from around the world. This award is the outcome of an incredible amount of work and commitment by the marina team. We are now planning to lead the development of North Cyprus and introduce it to more sailors and international boaters.”
With 300 berths and the capability to accommodate up to 60m vessels, Karpaz Gate Marina features outstanding leisure facilities including a Beach Club with infinity pool, water sports centre and on-site restaurant Hemingway’s on the attractive Promenade area.
Karpaz Gate Marina also has a 300-ton capacity travel lift, enabling it to execute a wide scope of technical and specialist work. Located in a secure and sheltered harbour, the marina has CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each area
The marina Beach Club is free for berth holders and all children under the age of 7, with a daily entrance fee of 15TL for other visitors. Gym membership is priced at 30TL for one visit, 110TL for 1 month or 300TL for 3 months. Ten entrance cards to the Beach Club are priced at 120 TL.
For information about the Beach Club and the summer schedule of events at Karpaz Gate Marina, please call Oykun Erureten on (+90) (0)533 825 3990. For more information about berthing packages for 2017, please telephone the marina office on (+90) (0)533 833 7878, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.karpazbay.com.
For further information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel:+90 533 833 7878
For further press information, contact:
Jules Riegal or Clive Bartlett
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
Notes for Editor:
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Vision Statement: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Karpaz Gate Marina was voted The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2017 International Marina of the Year by boat owners and berth holders
- Karpaz Gate Marina was awarded The Yacht Harbour Association’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina achieved ICOMIA Clean Marina standard in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina joined the ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG) in September 2014
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a member of ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Karpaz Gate Marina is the only international standard yacht marina in North Cyprus
- Karpaz Gate Marina is located on the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus (known as the “pan-handle” of the Island)
- Cruising highlights in North Cyprus include: Kyrenia Ancient Harbour, Escape Beach, Alagadi Turtle Beach, Kaplica Bay, Monastery Bay and Famagusta Harbour
- The southern Turkish coastline, including destinations such as Alanya, Marmaris and Antalya, are a short sail away, while Rhodes is 300nm away
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 300 berths accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a Port of Entry and has Duty-Free status
- Karpaz Gate Marina has a pump-out station and its own treatment centre for waste.
- Karpaz Gate Marina produces its own freshwater on site
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the site as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Free Wi-Fi is available for berth holders
- Shore services include an on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM and Cyprus Yachts brokerage and new boat sales office
- Leisure facilities include Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Hemingway’s Resto-Bar, fitness centre/gym, Mephisto Diving Centre, Cinema/Art Gallery and children’s facilities