Karpaz Gate Marina in North Cyprus has been voted The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) International Marina of the Year 2017.
Deniz Akaltan, Karpaz Gate Marina’s Harbour Master, received the award at the London Boat Show at a ceremony hosted by TYHA in partnership with GJW insurance on Thursday 12th January.
TYHA Marina of the Year Awards 2017 were open to all Gold Anchor accredited marinas both in the UK and overseas, with boat owners and berth holders invited to vote for their favourite marina within five different categories.
Karpaz Gate Marina holds ‘5 Gold Anchors’, the highest accolade for service and operational standards available in the industry.
Harbour Master Deniz Akaltan said: “To be recognised as the International Marina of the Year for 2017 is a huge honour. Only five years ago, the potential of North Cyprus as a yachting destination was largely unidentified. It was a huge challenge to introduce this piece of heaven on earth to the yachting community, so we are delighted to have achieved this and that our clients share our enthusiasm.
“We are especially proud to receive the award because it was decided by our berth holders and boat owners who voted for us. We would like to thank them for their support and reiterate our ongoing commitment to our clients and the local community. This achievement is the perfect start to the new year, which promises to be a very exciting one for the marina and the region as more people discover North Cyprus and this beautiful cruising area in the East Mediterranean.
“Since we opened in 2011, it has been a fantastic experience for us as we developed the marina and welcomed new visitors. This award is the result of a tremendous amount of work and dedication by the marina team. We are now planning ahead with even greater enthusiasm to ensure we satisfy our clients with outstanding service, facilities, security and entertainment, as well as continuing to lead the development of this region and introduce it to more sailors and boaters.”
With 300 berths and the ability to cater for yachts up to 60m, Karpaz Gate Marina offers a luxurious experience in a unique, unspoilt location for captains, crew and families.
Leisure facilities include the exceptional Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar, featuring international and traditional Cypriot and Turkish cuisine. Guests also have access to a fitness centre/gym and Mephisto Diving Centre.
The marina is located in a secure and sheltered harbour with CCTV and security personnel and access control, and has an on-site boat yard featuring an 18,000 square metre dry dock and 300-ton capacity travel hoist and service pedestals. Berth holders and visitors also benefit from duty-free status for further savings on fuel, technical service, spare parts and supplies.
Special offers at Karpaz Gate Marina for 2017 include annual contracts which incorporate a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 14 days hard standing.*
TYHA, a group association within British Marine, has made significant changes to the way the competition is run over the last couple of years to make it easier for marina customers to vote and for marinas to be included in the Awards. The competition is aimed directly at boat owners and boat crew, asking them to vote for their favourite Gold Anchor marina online at www.marinaoftheyearawards.com.
TYHA worked closely with partners GJW Insurance to encourage marina customers to vote for their favourite marina which culminated in over 4,100 votes being cast for the 2017 Awards. Last year an impressive 82 marinas received votes demonstrating just how highly marina customers value the high levels of customer service provided in Gold Anchor accredited marinas.
There are five categories of winners with a runner-up in each: UK Coastal Marinas (under and over 250 berths), UK Inland Marinas, International Marinas and Superyacht Marinas.
For more information, visit the TYHA website: http://www.tyha.co.uk/
For more information about Karpaz Gate Marina and for all berthing prices for 2017, please go to www.karpazbay.com. Alternatively, telephone the marina office on +90 (0)533 833 7878 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stay up to date with the latest news on Twitter @KarpazGate or Facebook at www.facebook.com/karpazgatemarina.
*Terms and conditions apply
For further information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel:+90 533 833 7878
For further press information, contact:
Jules Riegal or Clive Bartlett
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
Notes for Editor:
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Vision Statement: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Karpaz Gate Marina was voted The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2017 International Marina of the Year by boat owners and berth holders
- Karpaz Gate Marina was awarded The Yacht Harbour Association’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina achieved ICOMIA Clean Marina standard in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina joined the ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG) in September 2014
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a member of ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Karpaz Gate Marina is the only international standard yacht marina in North Cyprus
- Karpaz Gate Marina is located on the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus (known as the “pan-handle” of the Island)
- Cruising highlights in North Cyprus include: Kyrenia Ancient Harbour, Escape Beach, Alagadi Turtle Beach, Kaplica Bay, Monastery Bay and Famagusta Harbour
- The southern Turkish coastline, including destinations such as Alanya, Marmaris and Antalya, are a short sail away, while Rhodes is 300nm away
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 300 berths accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a Port of Entry and has Duty-Free status
- Karpaz Gate Marina has a pump-out station and its own treatment centre for waste.
- Karpaz Gate Marina produces its own freshwater on site
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the site as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Free Wi-Fi is available for berth holders
- Shore services include an on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM and Cyprus Yachts brokerage and new boat sales office
- Leisure facilities include Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Hemingway’s Resto-Bar, fitness centre/gym, Mephisto Diving Centre, Cinema/Art Gallery and children’s facilities