Karpaz Gate Marina in North Cyprus has appointed a new Chef and introduced an enhanced selection of tempting local and international dishes for customers to savour at its stunning Hemingway’s Resto-Bar and Beach Club venues this summer.
The fresh food and drink selection ensures there is a perfect choice for all occasions during the day and evening at the idyllic seaside leisure destination near Yenierenkoy, Karpaz, whether guests wish to enjoy refreshments inside or outside on the promenade at Hemingway’s, or while relaxing by the Infinity pool and the crystal clear sea at the Beach Club. The specials for 2018, including grilled octopus, grilled calamari and halloumi, chicken doner kebab and delicious platters served with wine by the glass or a cool beer, are already proving popular
Leading the development of the new menu options, Yahya Alpaslan Özdemir joined the Karpaz Gate Marina team this year with an array of recent experience in global and traditional cuisine at 5-star hotels and restaurants in Cyprus. Yahya, who is originally from Kahramanmaraş in Turkey, lives in Ziyamet village in Karpaz with his wife and three children and is relishing the opportunity to prepare his dishes for local marina visitors as well as boat owners from all over the world.
Yahya said: “I am very excited to have the chance to work with the great team and management here at Karpaz Gate Marina to present the best artistry, ingredients, flavours and creativity of my profession to our guests. Personally, I am dedicated to developing my vision and following the latest trends and developments in cuisine, while together everyone in the kitchen here is committed to working hard to maintain the highest standards. It is incredibly rewarding when all the hard work results in dishes that are enjoyed by our guests. It is always a source of joy to offer flavour and happiness to people, and seeing their pleasure is our big prize.”
Inspired to start a culinary career at his family’s own restaurant business, Yahya has worked in a variety of sections in the kitchen and attended different academic courses to further his knowledge in the field.
“I use my five senses when preparing food, carefully chose ingredients and use the correct techniques to make fabulous dishes,” he added. “It is also important to enjoy the food, develop your taste so that you can deliver more flavour to the dishes you prepare. My aim at Karpaz Gate Marina is not only to be a good manager, but also to instruct others so that we can continue to develop as a first-class destination and positive influence for the country’s tourism.”
The 2018 Hemingway’s and Beach Club menus feature an abundance of tasty meals, snacks, drinks and cocktails to cater for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For a taste of the Mediterranean, the grilled octopus with garden greens is the latest dish to be added to the Hemingway’s Resto-Bar menu, joining the selection of fresh salads, soups, seafood, pasta, plus chicken, lamb and beef dishes, and, of course, decadent desserts. Cocktails and wine by the glass, accompanied by aperitif platters, can also be enjoyed. Hemingway’s hosts Sunset BBQ’s every Friday and a nightly Happy Hour between 5pm and 8pm.
Meanwhile, the Beach Club is now serving Chicken Doner Kebab in pitta or tortilla bread, with parsley, onions, tomatoes and hand cut fries, or plated with rice, salad, yoghurt, hand cut fries and pitta bread. This is alongside a choice of snacks, speciality pizzas, salads, sandwiches, burgers, grill, seafood and desserts, served to your seat or cabana by the beach or pool.
Award-winning Karpaz Gate Marina offers premier berthing services for yachts and superyachts and their crew and is also a unique Mediterranean and luxurious beachside destination. The Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club features a 33m infinity pool, private beach, beach bar, Jacuzzi, children’s pool, decking area with Cabanas and loungers and watersports centre. There is also a fitness room, and showers and changing rooms.
For information about the Beach Club and Hemingway’s, please call Oykun Erureten on (+90) (0)533 825 3990. Alternatively, telephone the marina office on (+90) (0)533 833 7878, email email@example.com, visit the website at www.karpazbay.com or stay up to date on Facebook at www.facebook.com/karpazgatemarina.
For further information, please contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About Karpaz Gate Marina
In a time when boat owners and sailors in the Mediterranean are burdened with increasing bureaucracy and taxation issues, Karpaz Gate Marina offers a real sanctuary.
The first modern marina in North Cyprus is positioned to provide all its berth holders and visitors with a welcome haven from most of the costly and time-consuming procedures that will probably continue to affect boat owners within the EU and in other regions.
Karpaz Gate Marina offers a range of benefits associated with the unique status of this untouched location in the Eastern Mediterranean. It is free from tax, outside of the EU yet geographically within its borders, free from complicated official paperwork, flexible on duration of stay and free from other irritating issues for relaxation-seeking boat owners.
Designed exclusively to fulfil the needs of boat owners, the 5 Gold Anchor-rated marina with fully-equipped boat yard is safe, secure, service-orientated and community-minded, offering exceptional value for money.
Find a home and a haven at Karpaz Gate Marina.
Karpaz Gate Marina Facts
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2017 International Marina of the Year; TYHA’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water (produced on site) available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m
- Fuel: Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Leisure facilities: include Hemingway’s Resto-Bar; Beach Club, with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar; private Gallery Club; cinema; Mephisto Diving Centre; fitness centre/gym
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands, is just under 300 nautical miles away
- On-site activities: include private Gallery Club, music and movie nights, BBQs, art exhibitions
- Shore services: include on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM and Cyprus Yachts brokerage and new boat sales office
- Marina office services: include online weather updates; concierge and VIP service; airport collection service to/from nearest airports of Larnaca and Ercan
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Management company: Sea-Alliance Group
- Harbour Master: Bahadir Gökçetekin
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
- 2018 offers*: include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 14 days hard standing for annual berth holders; discounts on berthing rates; free ‘Special-Care Package’; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; individually-tailored packages (*T&Cs apply)