5 Gold Anchor-rated North Cyprus marina will showcase its exceptional berthing services, technical centre and leisure facilities
Southampton International Boat Show 2019, 13th - 22nd September, Which Marina Stand J150
Award-winning Karpaz Gate Marina is showcasing its facilities, berthing packages and technical capabilities at Southampton International Boat Show this year for the first time. Following the recent renewal of its 5 Gold Anchor status, the North Cyprus marina will be exhibiting on the Which Marina stand throughout the 10-day show.
Karpaz Gate Marina, recognised as one of the world’s most popular Gold Anchor-accredited marinas in The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) Marina of the Year Awards 2017 and 2018/19, is attracting a growing number of UK boat owners looking for a safe base for their boat in a unique Eastern Mediterranean location. The Technical Centre, with 300-ton capacity travel lift and 18,000 square metre dry dock area, provides on-site expertise to ensure that the marina is an ideal year-round destination and winter base for a range of yachts and superyachts.
With the opening of its on-site luxury boutique hotel, hammam and spa in the spring of next year, Karpaz Gate Marina and North Cyprus are set to become an even more desirable destination for boat owners to visit for short-term stays and consider as their home port. A new presence at the Southampton Boat Show will further raise awareness among boating enthusiasts about the full-service marina’s berthing, leisure and technical capabilities.
“We are looking forward to participating in Southampton Boat Show this year for the first time and to attending the Marina of the Year and Gold Anchor Presentation ceremonies,” said Liza Singer, Managing Director of Karpaz Gate Marina. “The UK market is a key region for us and we are pleased to have many boat owners from the country who are already an important part of our marina community. Southampton Boat Show will be an ideal opportunity to talk to more people about everything we have to offer. We have worked hard to maintain the meticulous standards of the marina, technical centre and leisure facilities, and we are excited to further enhance the development with the new hotel next year.”
A winner in both the 2017 and the 2018/19 TYHA International Marina of the Year Awards, Karpaz Gate Marina is once again in contention for recognition in this year’s awards with voting taking place via TYHA website until 25 August. The 2019 winners will be announced at an official ceremony at the stand on Wednesday, 18th September, when members of the Karpaz Gate Marina team will be presented with their prestigious 5 Gold Anchor certification.
Karpaz Gate Marina caters for yachts up to 60m, with leisure facilities including the exceptional Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Private Gallery Club, gym, children’s play area and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar. Whether on an annual contract or visiting for a short period, owners can take advantage of a range of maintenance, repair, carpentry, mechanical and electrical services available at the marina’s on-site boat yard. The technical team deals with individual requests in addition to supplying standard options, including: engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works, teak and wood works including deck repair and replacement, yacht painting, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing.
Karpaz Gate Marina offers both Eurodiesel and Gasoline at its on-site fuel station at a significantly lower cost compared to other countries in the region, enjoying the attractive north Cypriot fuel prices. The additional advantage of the marina’s duty-free status then provides an even greater saving to foreign registered boats’ owners.
Karpaz Gate Marina is perfectly placed as a convenient starting point for boaters to discover the stunning coastline of North Cyprus, sail to the southern Turkish coastline or head towards the Greek Islands. Visitors will discover miles of empty sandy beaches, idyllic anchorages, ancient harbours and rare wildlife, plus there is plenty to see inland, including historic castles and abbeys and the fascinating towns of Nicosia, Kyrenia and Famagusta.
Berthing incentives and packages for 2019 include extra flexibility for long-term berth-holders and contract discounts for motor yachts to cover any fuel costs incurred during the trip to North Cyprus.
To discuss the best individually-tailored berthing package, please telephone the marina office on +90 0533 833 7878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2019 Price List and further information is available on the website at www.karpazbay.com. Meet a representative from Karpaz Gate Marina at this year’s Southampton Boat Show on the Which Marina Stand J150.
For further press information or to set up a meeting with a spokesperson at the show, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2018/19 International Marina of the Year Runner-up and the 2017 International Marina of the Year Winner; TYHA’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013 and renewed in July 2019; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m. Services include: yacht painting, carpentry, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing, teak work, engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works
- Fuel: low cost Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Leisure facilities: include Hemingway’s Resto-Bar; Beach Club, with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar; Cinema / Art Gallery; Mephisto Diving Centre; fitness centre/gym
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- On-site activities: include private Gallery Club, music and movie nights, BBQs
- Shore services: on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM
- Marina office services: include online weather updates; concierge and VIP service; airport collection service to/from nearest airports of Larnaca and Ercan
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
2019 offers*: include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 21 days hard standing for annual berth holders; VIP care package; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; Flexible package to berth in water or dry dock; Stay 1 week, pay for 5 days; Fuel costs incentives
*Terms and Conditions apply
- Hotel: A luxury boutique hotel, hammam and spa is scheduled to launch in 2020 offering high-end facilities on the sea-front overlooking the marina