Plans revealed for new sea-front accommodation overlooking the marina at award-winning North Cyprus development
A luxury boutique hotel and spa will launch at award-winning Karpaz Gate Marina in North Cyprus in 2020.
Offering high-end facilities on the sea-front overlooking the marina, the new Karpaz Gate Marina Hotel will further elevate the Karpaz peninsula development into an outstanding destination for boat owners, crew and tourists.
Construction of the yacht-themed 52-room hotel will be carried out by Korman Construction Ltd, starting in February 2019 with a completion date anticipated by spring 2020.
Representing a unique and valuable addition to the beautiful Karpaz area and the TRNC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus), the 2-storey building has been meticulously designed to blend in with the surrounding natural environment and will feature replica teak-deck flooring and a light blue and grey colour scheme. The facility will provide marina clients, local residents and international visitors with spa amenities, including a Turkish Hamam, treatment rooms and saunas, and a variety of accommodation options such as suites and family rooms, all featuring balconies with a view to the beautiful surroundings.
Guests will be able to enjoy an à la carte breakfast on the promenade at Hemingway’s Resto-Bar and can then choose to spend time relaxing by the clear water bay at the marina’s acclaimed Beach Club or exploring the beaches, nature and culture of the Karpaz peninsula.
Liza Singer, Karpaz Gate Marina Managing Director, said: “The ground-breaking project to develop Karpaz Gate Marina, the first modern yacht marina in North Cyprus, has been an incredibly rewarding challenge which first began in 2005. Since the opening in 2011, our priority has been to offer premium berthing, leisure and technical facilities, maintaining the highest standards to ensure we exceed the expectations of all our clients and guests.
“In seven years, we have succeeded in attracting yachts to an unknown, unrecognised, internationally embargoed country, and to a remote area like Karpaz. Now the time is right for us to take the next step, enhancing the marina and technical centre, Beach Club and leisure facilities with the addition of high-end luxury hotel accommodation and spa facilities for our clients and guests.
“The opening of the Karpaz Gate Marina Hotel in 2020 is a significant landmark moment in the realisation of the huge potential of the Karpaz region as a destination for yachts and other tourists. By partnering with the same contractors who worked with us on the original marina development, Korman Construction, and paying the utmost attention to the building’s exterior and interior design, we are confident we can respect the natural beauty of the area with the same eco-friendly, sensitive approach.
“While we are proud to have opened up the gateway to the TRNC and the Karpaz region as a sailing destination for yachts and superyachts, we are also committed to the long-term growth of the region and the community. We are excited to embark on the next stage of expansion with the development of luxury accommodation on the site and look forward to introducing more people to this unique area of the East Mediterranean.”
Official Port of Entry Karpaz Gate Marina opened in 2011 and achieved 5 Gold Anchor Status in 2013, TYHA International Marina of the Year in 2017 and TYHA International Marina of the Year Runner-Up in 2018/19. The marina caters for yachts up to 60m, with leisure facilities including the exceptional Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Private Gallery Club, gym, children’s play area and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar. The Karpaz Gate Marina Technical Centre, with 300-ton capacity travel lift and 18,000 square metre dry dock area, meets demand for a range of requests from maintenance work, to hull painting and teak replacement.
For further press information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2017 International Marina of the Year and the 2018/19 International Marina of the Year Runner-Up; TYHA’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m. Services include: yacht painting, carpentry, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing, teak work, engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works
- Fuel: Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Leisure facilities: include Hemingway’s Resto-Bar; Beach Club, with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar; Cinema / Art Gallery; Mephisto Diving Centre; fitness centre/gym
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- On-site activities: include private Gallery Club, music and movie nights, BBQs
- Shore services: on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM
- Marina office services: include online weather updates; concierge and VIP service; airport collection service to/from nearest airports of Larnaca and Ercan
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Harbour Master: Bahadir Gökçetekin
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
2019 offers*: include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 21 days hard standing for annual berth holders; VIP care package; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; Flexible package to berth in water or dry dock; Stay 1 week, pay for 5 days; Fuel costs incentives
*Terms and Conditions apply