- Online registration is launched for the world’s premier marine science and ocean technology exhibition and conference
- Oceanology International 2018 takes place 13-15 March, London, ExCeL
Oceanology International exhibition and conference, the world’s premier forum for thousands of marine science and ocean technology professionals, has launched online registration for a newly-expanded 2018 edition from 13th to 15th March at ExCeL London.
Organiser Reed Exhibitions is introducing new showcases, features and benefits for exhibitors and other attendees at the 24th edition of the biennial event, as it plans for an increase in unique visitor numbers and international attendance with the largest and most diverse programme in its history.
A highlight for 2018 is an enhanced focus on innovations within ocean technology, including an emphasis on aquaculture, marine science, oil and gas, maritime security and marine renewables. New features within the main exhibition will help visitors discover and identify the latest technological developments, such as autonomous systems, advanced sensor technology and robotics. The new FutureTech Hub will make it easier for visitors to locate innovative technology and will feature dedicated content to showcase innovative solutions.
Highly regarded for the quality of their content and an exceptional line up of chairmen and speakers, the multi-faceted 3-day Oceanology International 2018 conference programme will feature 11 free-to-attend technical tracks chaired by a prominent list of industry leaders. New topics include Ocean Information and Communications Technology, in line with the inaugural Ocean ICT Expo, the Underwater Imaging and Metrology track and a stronger focus on sensor technology in the Ocean Observation and Sensing track. The 2018 programme will also focus on the technologies driving operational and cost efficiencies for the offshore oil and gas sector in the Oil & Gas track.
Oceanology International 2018 is exclusively home to the new Ocean Futures Forum, a half-day content and networking event on 13 March concentrating on long-term energy trends, ocean growth and diversification, and sustainability, and the future-looking Catch the Next Wave, which takes place on 15 March. Now in its fifth edition and taking a longer term view of the ability to explore, understand, exploit and protect the oceans, Catch the Next Wave conference will be run in association with The Explorers Club and focus on the theme of ‘technology innovation for exploration’.
For the first time, Ocean ICT Expo, a brand new showcase focusing on the IT, communications and data solutions that form the technical foundation for modern ocean space research and industry, will take place in conjunction with Oceanology International. Encompassing technologies across the satellite, communications, data and connectivity sectors including earth observation, cloud storage, visualisation and analytics, Ocean ICT is set to bring together hundreds of highly targeted Data and IT professionals looking to procure specialist solutions, alongside the traditional Oceanology International audience.
The expansion of activity on the dockside at ExCeL London and more live technology and vessel demonstrations in front of the global marine science community is also introduced next year. Visitors will be able to experience product demonstrations live on the Royal Victoria Dock, either on-board participating exhibitor vessels or from a covered dockside cabin with a programme of in- and on-water product demonstrations taking place throughout the week.
David Ince, Oceanology International Event Manager, Reed Exhibitions, said: “Oceanology International 2018 is an unmissable opportunity to gain inspiration, see what is new in the industry and meet exhibitors and visitors from a diverse range of sectors at a truly international show. It is the most influential platform for people to share knowledge and observe demonstrations of the latest marine technology, solutions and content.
“The key to Oceanology International’s success is its ability to bring together such a diverse spectrum of groups from industry, academia and government all with common ground, looking to share knowledge in order to improve their strategies for measuring, advancing, protecting and operating in the world’s oceans. We are particularly excited to highlight innovations within ocean technology this year, including an emphasis on aquaculture, marine science, oil and gas, maritime security and marine renewables.”
Improved networking events and tools will allow visitors to make the most of their time to meet new and existing clients, suppliers and partners. Working with the European Enterprise Network, Society of Underwater Technology, Society of Maritime Industries, and IMarEST, Oceanology International will host a series of 1 to 1 Matchmaking sessions allowing visitors to engage further with the exhibitor community. All attendees can also take advantage, of the OceanSocial calendar of networking events to allow even more face-to-face interaction in the run up to and during the event.
The Investment, Trade & Innovation Theatre returns in 2018, providing information on routes to funding, international initiatives and cluster groups fostering marine technology transfer and growth, as well as technology showcases from exhibitors, and talks from international and regional trade bodies.
Attracting joint buyers, next year’s Oceanology International will also be co-located with Interspill 2018, the leading event covering all aspects of oil spill prevention, response and restoration.
Established as the leading global event for connecting the many diverse end user sectors of the ocean technology community, Oceanology International 2018 will build on the 2016 event which hosted 520 exhibitors, with a total attendance of almost 14,000 and 80 countries represented. Supporting organisations for 2018 include the Society of Underwater Technology, IMCA, Society of Maritime Industries, IMarEST and The Hydrographic Society.
For more information about Oceanology International 2018 and to register, visit www.oceanologyinternational.com.
For further information, please contact:
Senior Marketing Executive, Energy & Marine Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8910 7090
Marketing Manager, Energy & Marine Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8910 7980
Jules Riegal/Karen Bartlett
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About the Oceanology International Portfolio
The Oceanology International portfolio of events offer a global forum where industry, academia and government share knowledge and connect with the marine technology and ocean science community, improving their strategies for measuring, exploiting, protecting and operating in the world’s oceans. First established in 1969, the flagship event in London features the world’s largest exhibition for marine science and technology, multiple agenda-setting technical conferences, and a visiting vessels and waterside demonstration program.
The Oceanology International portfolio includes:
- Oceanology International China: Developed with government and industry associations, Oceanology International China provides organizations with the opportunity to capitalize on China’s rapidly growing offshore energy and marine industries. With 215 exhibitors from 20 different countries, more than 5000 domestic and overseas professional attendees from 32 different countries and regions were attracted to OI China 2017. In 2017 OI China moved to Qingdao, the largest city in eastern Shandong Province on the east coast of China and the wealthiest city in Shandong Province, a demonstration area for marine ecology protection and a pilot city for marine technology and has key economic links with Ontario & British Columbia, Canada. www.oichina.com.cn/en
- Oceanology International: Oceanology International is the leading conference and exhibition dedicated to serving all professionals working in the global ocean science and marine technology sector. The first Oceanology International was held in Brighton, in 1970. Today, its home is at ExCeL London. The OI2016 exhibition was the largest ever in the show’s 47-year history with over 8,500m2 occupied by 520 exhibiting companies from 33 countries. www.oceanologyinternational.com
- Catch the Next Wave conference: Now in its fifth edition, Catch the Next Wave is an exclusive conference taking place alongside or as part of the Oceanology International events globally. The most recent program in London took place at the prestigious Royal Institution, and the North American edition will form part of the OIA conference program on February 27th 2019. The event takes a longer-term view of the capabilities that will shape our future ability to explore, understand, exploit and protect the oceans. Catch the Next Wave 2018 is taking place alongside Oceanology International 2018 This one day programme (Thursday 15 March) will explore the future of disruptive exploratory technology and consider opportunities for technology transfer from outside the marine industry and is run in association with The Explorers Club. www.ctnwconference.com
- Oceanology International Americas (February 25-27 2019, San Diego Convention Center, USA): The successful launch event of the biennial series took place in 2017. www.oceanologyinternationalnorthamerica.com
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 30 countries. In 2015, Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today, Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 40 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.www.reedexpo.com